MBCW was founded in 1995 by a group of concerned Marin County residents who wanted to know why so many of their friends were afflicted with breast cancer.
Read the history of the organization.
MBCW is an established leader in conducting breast cancer research and searching for the causes of the disease.
List of key accomplishments
- Every community needs their originators and risk takers – we are the pioneers of Community Based Research in Marin
- We bring together diverse perspectives on health and social issues
- We focus on how the environment affects breast cancer
- We accelerate discovery by bringing together experts, resources and information
- We actively pursue reducing breast cancer risk for the next generation